Good communication within your organisation is one of the main building blocks for an engaged workforce.
Employee engagement doesn’t happen by accident in most organisations; it takes a deliberate and concentrated effort. It’s about creating an environment where your employees can (and want to) contribute to their full potential.
Communication isn’t the only factor that has a bearing on how motivated and empowered your employees are, but it’s a crucial one – along with reward and recognition, the management style in your organisation and development opportunities, to name a few.
That’s why improving internal communication is almost always at the heart of any holistic engagement programme – and, of course, you’ll need great internal comms to inform and involve your workforce in the other elements of the campaign.
- Making sure your people know what your organisation’s trying to achieve, and the role they must play
- Keeping people informed about how the organisation’s doing, so they know what’s needed from them
- Giving people ways to ask questions and get answers – from colleagues at all levels in the organisation
- Giving people access to information that’s relevant to them, in the way they choose to receive it
- Helping people get to know the organisation and their colleagues – the social glue that holds organisations together and creates a sense of belonging
- Sharing knowledge and experience across the organisation, therefore helping to reduce frustrating duplication and reinventing the wheel